Last week Rohail had an accident where the poor guy spilt boiling water on himself. Unfortunately, the water was being boiled and while Maliha informed me; I somehow forgot about it. Since all the points here in our Dhaka apartment are located at the bottom, the plastic boiling kettle was within easy reach for him. He slipped off my lap and went straight for it, before I could get to him, it had spilt on his legs and arms. It was extremely painful for him and he soon had a lot of blisters. We rushed him to the burn hospital and he got treatment there. He has been going through some painful dressings, however, the doctor said that the blisters are healing nicely and he should be fine within 10 days.
Since his hands are wrapped up, my father has commented that he looks like a boxer! This is also a cause of frustration for him since he can’t use his hands anymore and tries to use his mouth to pick things now.
Hoping he has a speedy recovery.